NCERT Solutions For Class 6 Maths Chapter 1: Knowing Our Numbers
A number is a scientific worth used to check and measure various items. With the assistance of the numbers we as a whole can include, take away, separate and numerous.
Here we will figure out how to look at numbers, extend the number and furthermore find out about the biggest and the littlest numbers.
Roman numerals and the Hindu-Arabic numeral framework are the two distinct sorts of number framework utilized for composing numbers in numerous spots. We as a whole can see the roman numerals in tickers, page numbers, school schedule in prospectus page, and so forth.
Prologue to numbers
• Numbers are math esteems.
• Numbers are utilized to pass on the size of everything around us.
Looking at numbers
Looking at numbers when the complete number of digits is unique
• The number with generally number of digits is the biggest number by size and the number with least number of digits is the most modest number.
Model: Consider numbers: 22, 123, 9, 345, 3005. The biggest number is 3005 (4 digits) and the most modest number is 9 (just 1 digit)
Looking at numbers when the absolute number of digits is same
• The number with most elevated furthest left digit is the biggest number. In the event that this digit likewise happens to be the equivalent, we take a gander at the following furthest left digit, etc.
Model: 340, 347, 560, 280, 265. The biggest number is 560 (furthest left digit is 5) and the most modest number is 265 (on looking at 265 and 280, 6 is under 8).
Climbing and Descending Order and Shifting Digits
Climbing request and Descending request
• Ascending request: Arranging numbers from the littlest to the best.
• Descending request: Arranging numbers from the best to the most modest number.
• Example: Consider a gathering of numbers: 32, 12, 90, 433, 9999 and 109020.
They can be organized in plummeting request as 109020, 9999, 433, 90, 32 and 12, and in climbing request as 12, 32, 90, 433, 9999 and 109020.
What number of numbers can be shaped utilizing a specific number of digits?
• If a specific number of digits are given, we can make various numbers having a similar number of digits by trading places of digits.
• Example: Consider 4 digits: 3, 0, 9, 6. Utilizing these four digits,
(I) Largest number conceivable = 9630
(ii) Smallest number conceivable = 3069 (Since 4 digit number can't have 0 as the furthest left number, as the number at that point will turn into a 3 digit number)
• Changing the situation of digits in a number, changes size of the number.
• Example: Consider a number 789. In the event that we trade the hundredths spot digit with the digit at units place, we will get 987 which is more noteworthy than 789.
Correspondingly, on the off chance that we trade the tenths spot with the units place, we get 798, which is more noteworthy than 789.
• Each place in a number, has an estimation of multiple times the spot on its right side.
• Example: Consider number 789.
(I) Place estimation of 7 = 700
(ii) Place estimation of 8 = 80
(iii) Place estimation of 9 = 9
• Digits 09 in Roman are spoken to as : I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X
• Some other Roman numbers are : I = 1, V = 5 , X = 10 , L = 50 , C = 100 , D = 500 , M = 1000