The decision to attend Residential school is that step that many consider as enormous picture decision which will pay off in the long term. Sending your child to a Residential school could also be a difficult decision , and it requires thorough planning.
As a parent, you'll have many concerns about the well-being and academic excellence of your kids living distant from you. Thus, visiting and learning more a few school would be ideal before making a choice . It is a good idea to interact with the staff, students and their parents, because it would enable you to urge a far better idea about these institutions.
Benefits of Residential School
- The biggest advantage of Residential School is the vast number of activities, programs, and challenges available to students on a daily basis.
- Another reason to attend boarding school is independence. Independence could be the best gift that parents can give to their children.
- Boarding schools are good places to fail and succeed—which makes them great places to learn. It’s a controlled freedom.
- Students are challenged to develop their interpersonal skills because there is no hiding at boarding school.
- Students learn how to live and deal with other people.
Residential Schools in Chennai
Chennai is one among the oldest cities within the country, and so are its schools. The city’s education system may be a blend of old and new schools imparting quality education by combining ancient values with modern teaching styles. Chennai is fast paced towards the forefront within the world of education.
Chennai has also the choice of book banks, where a student is allowed to borrow text books for the session, for a nominal fee, and return them at the top of the session. Students benefit by not having to spend tons on their course books.
Chennai is home to some excellent colleges, like Stanley Medical College, IIT Madras, and Madras Christian College. The Southern regional office of Institute of Chartered Accountants is in Chennai. The colleges in Chennai offer subjects starting from Medicine, Science, Arts and Commerce.
Residential School Syllabus
Most of the Residential schools are also affiliated to the national boards such as CBSE, ICSE, and NIOS. A very few schools are affiliated to Tamil Nadu State Board or Tamil Nadu Matriculation Board .Some boarding schools also have the Anglo Indian Board, Montessori system of education, American systems and International Baccalaureate.
List of Residential Schools in Chennai
If you are looking for some of the best boarding schools then here is a list of few best schools in Chennai
- St. Joseph’s Residential School
- Maharishi International Residential School
- St. John’s International Residential School
- Sushil Hari International Residential School
- Loyola International Residential and Day School
- Crescent School
- Ramakrishna Mission Residential High School
- Guru Shree Shantivijai Jain Gurukul
- RMK Residential School