PATRIOTIC RUN 2019
Patriotic Run 2019 is a special edition marathon instituted in commemoration of the martyrs of Indian Armed Forces who made the supreme sacrifice for our motherland. The marathon will take place on 24th November, 2019 in Chennai (venue- Elliot’s Beach, Besant Nagar).
It is a Road-running event which promises to be an incredible experience where patriotic passion and pride for the country would soar high with participation from diverse communities and people ranging from sports, philanthropic, sports, social activists, media, veterans, armed forces, paramilitary, police and families of security forces. This event will be consisting of 10 km, 5 Km, 3km & 1km run.
The objective of this marathon is to honour martyrs and wounded warriors, create a positive and enabling environment in the country where the citizens of the country, especially youth, are made aware about the great sacrifices made by our brave hearts, instil in them a sense of pride for soldiers who serve untiringly 24*7 for our nation's integrity, unity, sovereignty and safety.
Patriotic Run was an idea conceived by August 15th Organization in guidance of former President of India, the Late Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam, who felt the need to create awareness towards the sacrifices made by our men in uniform and at the same time help the Martyr families/children and war wounded soldiers, who along with time are forgotten by the country at large. But unfortunately, Dr Kalam Sir didn't live through to see it happen and thus August 15th Organizaation taken it upon itself to make this dream a reality.
This event would provide an opportunity to the committed individuals and organisations to raise funds and show their gratitude towards the true heroes of our nation. These funds would be utilised towards the following project:
A FUND TO PROVIDE EDUCATION SCHOLARSHIPS (WHICH WILL INSPIRE THEM TO PERFORM BETTER IN THEIR EDUCATION) FOR CHILDREN FROM THE MARTYR'S FAMILIES, THUS SECURING THEIR HIGHER EDUCATION & BETTER FUTURE.
Registration Fee for This Event will be Rs. 300/- for 1km/3km and Rs.500/- for 5km/10km.
Registered participants will get T-Shirt, Medal, Bib Number, Certificate, Goodies Bag & Refreshments along with Sampling Tree.
Top 3 winners will honor with Beautiful Trophies both men and women category.
• Water & Electrolyte Drinks will be available at the 2 Km, 4 Km, 5 Km, 7 Km, 9 Km & at the end point of the race.
• Distance Markers too will be placed along the route.
• Doctors & Paramedical Staff will be stationed at the Venue & also along the route at certain points. Other than this a cardiac ambulance will be plying along the route just in case of any emergency.
• We hope you all train well, have a good run & that such facilities are not required or made use of.
• Volunteers will be there at the Venue & along the route to guide you along the route & for everything else at the Start & End point.
• Finishers Medal will be given at the end point to all finishers of this Run immediately at the finish point after the race.
• Washroom facilities are made available for participants within the event premises.
• Parking - There is no Parking facility inside the event premises & hence vehicles need to be parked near the lanes & by lanes near the venue at your own risk.
• Route Map will be released on the website as well as the Facebook Event Page once confirmed.
• No Offline Registrations available.
Last Day Of Registration:- Maximum 2000 participants or 5th November 2019. (Whichever is earlier)
Please keep referring the website & Facebook page for further updates about the event.
We will love to welcome you there on the 24th of November 2019. See you there soon.
Jai Jawan! Jai Kisan!! Jai Hindh!!!