Today in modern India, Parents have started concentrating sports as a profession for kids from their young age in contrary to academics focused parents of two decades ago. In order to nurture this sport’s ambition and play at international level, Kids should be prepared mentally and physically fit.
In order to accomplish this, following steps can be taken care of
- Carbohydrates and Proteins are the main sources of energy to perform the sports activities like playing football, cricket, badminton etc. Carbohydrates improves energy level by delaying fatigue to compete at higher levels for longer duration. Proteins are needed for growth, repair, preservation of muscles needed for kids’ perseverance. Recommended rich foods are
- Carbohydrates - Brown rice, potato, cereals
- Proteins – Meat, Eggs, Fish, Poultry (Country Chicken), Nuts, Beans
- Vitamins and Minerals – Fruits, Green and leafy vegetables, Milk products.
- Parents should consult with dieticians who recommend right food schedule for children based on their body requirements.
- Eating a healthy, varied diet based on advice of dieticians gives the body the extra energy to perform well in your chosen sports without risk of injury and illness
- Drink enough water and avoid drinking carbonated drinks before and after exercising in regular intervals
Sports person with the adequate skills but without the much-needed fitness cannot give good results constantly. Skills are known to be developed as the years go by, but fitness is required to balance the skills that a person has for him or her to succeed. To perform consistently during the event, following procedure could be adapted
- Create a regular fitness regime (Both Morning & Evening schedule) based on kid’s sports needs which results in improvement of bone density, balance, flexibility, weight control and muscle growth. Physical fitness can reduce the risk for and resilience to sports injuries.
Sample Exercise schedule are
- Bench Step-ups
- Hip bridges
- Regular practice of swimming and yoga facilitates to relax muscles and reduce stress level
- Keep a regular record of fitness activities in order to analyze and improve the stamina.
Fitness and diet are equally important traits that a sport person requires and therefore he/she has to work constantly on developing both at the same time.