This problem is very concerning as people often misinterpret learning disability with failure and blame them with indiscipline and poor intelligence. The causes for learning disability are hard to find but some of the reasons it occurs is due to neurological dysfunction or malfunctioning of the brain which is due to head injuries or low blood sugar level or even due to pre mature birth, it may even occur due to genetic or heredity.
Here are a few disabilities which are commonly found in children:
- Dyslexia: dyslexia is probably the most well known learning disability. It is a learning disorder that impedes the student’s ability to read and write. Students may experience reading issue or even multiple issues when struggling with dyslexia.
Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder has affected more than 4 million people at some point. students with ADHD have difficulty in paying attention. They get easily distracted and often have difficulty in traditional school settings.
- Processing Deficits: processing deficits are also related to learning disability. When a student have an processing deficit they have trouble making sense this makes it hard for them to perform in class without instruction, this deficit is are most common in auditor or visually and it makes it hard for them to remember which makes it very difficult in school.
Here are some tips which could help your children with overcoming their learning disability:
- Be supportive to them, don’t break down be strong, remind yourself and them that everyone faces obstacles, don’t let him get discouraged and help them in facing issues.
- Research about your child’s issue and try finding solution and how you could support him you may feel taking support of professional but you must always remember you know your child the best and you could help him in much better way than any professional could.
- Remember your child will always follow you so be at a positive path be optimistic and confident so that he gains confidence and is able to overcome his disability