Fireless cooking is just a start for the kids to learn cooking. Fireless cooking not only teaches cooking to children but also teaches some valuable skills of life. This encourages children’s creativity, thinking and problem solving skills. With this children improve their knowledge of basic skills like measuring, counting and following the instructions.This holidays give plentiful time to your kids.By involving your kids in the kitchen you will teach them to appreciate the value of a family meal.
Benefits of learning cooking for kids
- Allows them to explore new food.
- Develops maths and science skills.
- Understand the importance of good hygiene.
- Teaches responsibilities.
- They know the importance of healthy food.
Rules to be taught to kids
- Washing hands before and after cooking.
- Tie up long hairs.
- Keeping the working area clean.
- Teach kids to wait for tasting before the food gets cooked.
Some Fireless cooking recipes
Here are some fireless cooking recipes. When kids cook something on their own, they have that excitement, and get a sense of confidence and feel proud on themselves. Teach your kids these simple without fire recipes and next time they will prepare a snack by themselves. Below are some fireless cooking recipes.
- Strawberry Ritz
- Peanut butter balls
- Mixed Sprout salad
- Apple cookies
- Dates Smoothie
- Pinwheel sandwiches
- Banana peanut butter smoothie
- Biscuit Magic
- Fruity Frozen pizza
- Ritz crackers
- Cream cheese
- Strawberry jam
- Take a spoon of cream cheese and strawberry jam each and mix them.
- Apply this mixture on Ritz crackers and top it with some sprinklers.
- You can use other varieties of jams like blueberry/raspberry for a different variation.
2.Peanut butter balls
- Milk powder-1/2 cup
- Peanut butter-1/4 cup
- Butter paper
- Mix milk powder, peanut butter and a spoon of honey in a bowl.
- Make small balls of this mixture and place them on butter paper.
- Refrigerate it for some time.
- Coat it with any sauce if required.
3.Mixed Sprout Salad
- Mixed sprouts -1 cup
- Carrot grated - 1/2 cup
- Paneer cubes - 1 cup
- Onion fine chopped - 1
- Tomato fine chopped -1
- Green chillies fine chopped -1
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Take the mixed sprouts which can be sprouted moong dal, moth beans and black chana in a bowl.
- Add carrot, onions, paneer, tomato and green chillies to this sprouts.
- Add some salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Garnish with some coriander.
- The tangy sprout chaat is ready to eat.
- Apple – 1
- Peanut butter – 1/4 cup
- Almonds sliced – 1/4 cup
- Walnuts chopped – 1/4 cup
- Coconut grated – 1/4 cup
- Chocolate chips – 1/4 cup
- Remove the core and slice the apple into thin rings.
- Spread peanut butter (or any another sauce of your choice) on one side of the apple.
- Top the apple with walnuts, almonds, and coconut and chocolate chips.
- Super healthy snack that keeps you full is ready.
5. Dates Smoothie
- Dates chopper – ½ cup
- Milk – 1 cup
- Almonds- ¼ cup
- Frozen yoghurt (vanilla flavour) – ½ cup
- Cinnamon (optional)
- Put all the ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until the dates get completely mixed with other ingredients.
- Pour the content into a chilled glass.
- Your smoothie filled with vitamins, minerals, fibre and calcium is ready for the hot summers.
- Bread slices – 6
- Mixed fruit jam – 2 Tsp
- Cheese spread – 2 Tsp
- Mustard sauce – 1 Tsp
- Butter– 1 Tsp
- Green chutney – 1 Tsp
- Capsicum mixed colour – few thin slices
- Olives finely chopped – 2 Tsp
- Remove the sides from all bread slices.
- Flatten the bread using a rolling pin.
- Apply jam on it and place another slice on it.
- Then apply cheese spread and mustard paste on the slice.
- Place another slice on it and spread some butter and green chutney on it.
- Place few capsicum slices and top it with some olives.
- Tightly hold the bread slices from where capsicum is placed and start rolling.
- Cut the roll into equal portions.
- A healthy nutritious combination of bread and veggies is ready.
7. Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie
- Milk – ½ cup
- Ripe banana – 1
- Peanut butter – 2 Tsp
- Ice cube – 2
- Put all above ingredients in blender.
- Refrigerate and serve.
- This drink helps in brain development of kids and also is good for their immune system.
- Biscuits -10 to12 of any choice
- Grated coconut – 1 tsp
- Condensed Milk – 2 tsp
- Sprinklers – as needed
- Crush the biscuits in a mixer.
- Slowly add Condensed milk to make a dough.
- You can use melted dark chocolate or chocolate sauce in place of condensed milk.
- Place the dough between two plastic sheets and roll using a rolling pin.
- Do not roll it to thin.
- Then cut into desired shapes using cookie cutter.
- Sprinkle coconut or sprinklers or gems.
- Set in refrigerator for half an hour.
- Note that the biscuits are not salty.
9.Fruity Frozen Pizza
- Hung curd – 4 tbsp
- Mango puree – 4 tbsp
- Powdered sugar – 2 tbsp
- Chopped fruits of your choice – ½ cup
- Add hung curd, mango puree and powdered sugar in bowl and beat until lumps are removed.
- Take a small tray and place parchment paper on it.
- Spread the above mixture evenly.
- Top it with the chopped fruits.
- Freeze it for 3-4 hours until it is set.
- Cut into desired shape.
- You can also use any other fruit puree like strawberry or kiwi.
These fireless recipes for your kids will not only inculcate culinary skills into your children but also help them to participate in fireless competitions held in schools. Along with children, you can also try out these recipes. Remember, more than any recipe, your guidance and encouragement is ultimately what is going to help them. And it is not necessary that they succeed in the first attempt but be patient. Believe me, you would love to treasure the shared moments of joy and happiness once they succeed.