5 Best Alternate Schools in Delhi NCR
Alternate schooling means teaching children at home or putting kids in institutions that don’t follow the pattern .A classroom is generally defined by the murmur of children behind the lecture of the teacher and the screeching sound of chalk on the board. But the alternate schools gives the option for the parents to select among the different teaching methodologies. The visual aids, practical training and fun quizzes help the students to learn better. School connects.in provides the details of the best alternate schools in Delhi NCR.
The following list details about the best alternate schools in Delhi NCR
Aarambh Waldorf, Delhi
This school is based on the child development research conducted by Austrian philosopher and educator Rudolf Steiner.Waldorf education nurtures three principal faculties in children: thinking, feeling and willing. Head” refers thinking independently and clearly. Heart refers to the capacity for feeling connected to one’s task and the world. “Hands” refers to achieving the goals through actions. Waldorf method of education is based on the principle that it is not what is taught, but how and when - that's what makes this approach unique. Based in Vasant Kunj, Aarambh's aims is to bring up individuals with strong moral character & good social skills. This is one of the best alternate schools in Delhi.
Source of image: wordpress.com
Aarambh Waldorf Details
- Waldorf education is based on three seven year stages of child development
- 0-7years the child will be engaged in recognizing the environment sounds, colours, gestures
- 7-14 years during this second phase they learn to manage the different emotions like joy and sadness. They also get to know about empathy and explore their feelings.
- 14-21 Students are ready to use their thinking skills using cognitive reasoning and evaluate the world around them
- Childs readiness to learn is first checked before teaching any subject
- Children are encouraged to find their own answers so that the imagination is over powered.
- Child’s creativity is fostered by letting them create their own text books up to grade4th.
- Each subject is interlinked with other subject
- Rules of grammar are taught through stories
- Teacher continues with the same students till grade 8th which gives children the flexibility to work
Green Avenue, Vasant Kunj, Delhi-110070
9195600 60441,91 98104 04949
School connect link: https://www.schoolconnects.in/schools/aarambh-waldorf-school-vasant-kunj-1898-admission
Mirambika Free Progress School,Delhi
The school focuses on integral education and human values which is based on the integral philosophy of Sri Aurobindo and the mother. This is situated at the Sri Aurobrindo Ashram campus. Marambika school has a different approach towards learning and is in the view that education will draw the potential from the individual. This is one of the best alternative school in Delhi. It is a free progress school recognized by the Delhi Directorate of Education. It has classes from age group 4 to 15 years. The volunteers with varied expertise and the willingness to work with children and contribute towards educational development and innovation. This is one of the best alternate schools in Delhi They do have a research wing that provides the inputs for further developments in the school.
Source of image: mirambika.org
Mirambika School details
- There is no fixed curriculum or syllabus
- The different learning styles helps to develop responsible citizens
- Routine study and formal activities for meditation, sports and evaluations
- Involvement of children in the learning process
- Twice a week children take part in the club activities like cooking ,jewellery, arts and crafts, pottery and calligraphy
- End of the day the students have home session marked by playing the music which is followed by light snacks, milk or juice.
- Does not have numbered classes and students are grouped keeping in view of their developmental needs.
- Children are grouped age wise – Red group(3+) , Blue group (4+ ), Green (5+), Yellow (6+) and Orange group (7+).
- No main stream examination or testing
Sri Aurobindo Marg, Opp IIT Building, New Delhi
School Connect link: https://www.schoolconnects.in/schools/mirambika-free-progress-school-sri-aurobindo-marg-1897-admission
Kunskapsskolan India-The Knowledge School, Alternate school
It is a day boarding school initiated by Swedish company with an Indian counterpart. They believe that every child is different in their ability to learn and imbibe things. This is one of the best alternate schools in Delhi NCR. The school aims to empower students with skills and knowledge to meet the demands that the society might demand in the future.
Source of image: ked.edu.in
Kunskapsskolan India-The Knowledge School Details
- The subjects are organized in themes and steps.
- All subjects are learned stepwise so each child progress at their own pace regardless of age grade
- Subjects to be studied are stepwise include mathematics and language
- Students can enroll in the course at the first point corresponding to what they already know
- Each class is organized in to ten steps which are further divided in to blocks
- Each block mentions the goals that the student has to achieve
- At the end of each block the student would be tested on it
- It is evaluated by the teacher before proceeding to the next step of blocks
- Students requiring more academic assistance would be provided so that it enables them to understand the concept before moving on to the next one.
- Each course has a theme that is inter connected to several subjects that emphasizes the connections between arts, natural science and humanities.
- Roadmap for learning journey for each student
- Short term and medium term goals are framed for all students. At the end of the session it is assessed whether the student has achieved or not.
- Personal coaching method to make the learning successful on a weekly basis
- The student has a log book which details about the goals, assignments and time table of the coming week and also the previous assessment details.
- Individual study plan revised periodically
- Educational documentation system enables the student, parent and the coach to follow the learning process of the child.
- The teacher plays the role of a personal coach, general coach, subject teacher and a team member.
1122,Block A, DLF Phase-I, Gurgaon
School connect link: https://www.schoolconnects.in/businesses/kunskapsskolan-2358-partners
Shikshantar School, Gurgaon
For the past 17 years, this school has introduced a paradigm shift in teaching as an alternative to traditional examination. Experiential education is integrated with the syllabus to facilitate goals. As a result, the students grow up to a confident and balanced individuals..The school is guided by Gandharv Shiksharth Charitable Trust. This is one of the best alternate schools in Delhi NCR.
Source of image: urbanpro.com
Shikshantar School Details
- The initiatives are thoughtful and simple
- Learner friendly approaches in education.
- Cultural and pedagogical innovations are built on eight pillars such as experiential education, integrated learning, collaborative learning, democratic participation, co- existence with nature, reflective assessments, proficiency in languages and communication and social emotional care and development.
- Sports also forms the integral part of the curriculum which consists of games like baskeball, badminton, chess, cricket, football, gymnastics, swimming, table tennis and volleyball
- Learning is facilitated according to the age of the children
- The emphasis is based on the students readiness ,appropriateness of the curriculum and the challenges to move on to the next level.
- Teacher is a guide and not an instructor
- The mindset of the student has to be consulted for his/her own growth and cannot be hammered by the teacher.
- A natural and free growth is necessary for the genuine development.
J Block , South City I,Gurgaon
School Connect link :https://www.schoolconnects.in/schools/shikshantar-school-south-city-i-4332-admission
Heritage Xperiential Learning School, Delhi NCR
This is a progressive innovative school that offers alternate education to the mainstream. This school represented the top 10 schools of the country for its academic reputation and infrastructure .and also for its focus on students with special needs and also from weaker sections of the society. The school has teachers who act as facilitators .It sprawls over 12 acres and is equipped with the best infrastructure.
Source of image: heritagexperiential.org
Heritage Xperiential Learning School Details
- Junior grades – A programme of inquiry and exploration
- Grades 4 -7 Expeditionary learning to promote creative learning skills and personal development
- Senior grades 8-12 – Dialogic and participative pedagogy and there is conscious effort for developing aesthetic, moral, ethical and emotional dimensions.
- The special education needs programme to meet the needs of differently abled children
- Making students make their own decision and accountable for that
- Fostering creativity through teamwork and debugging
- Helping in problem solving
- Learning to embrace failure
- Introducing the tools and technologies of 21st century
- Research on real world problems using the latest technology
Sector 62, Gurgaon
0124 – 2855124/25/26